Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Few Miscellaneous Things

I'm sorry for the lack of posts the last couple of days but I've been pretty busy trying to study for my upcoming midyear exams. I say "trying to" because it hasn't been a very successful endeavour... chem just isn't my thing.

SOMEBODY KICK ME FOR CHOOSING TO DO CHEMISTRY


Ok.. now that we got that out of the way, here are a few pics I haven't posted yet.



BYS Ruby Slippers. Red foil. A different take on the usual slurry of "ruby red slipper" type polishes. I think this is the only red foil I've ever seen. Very pretty. My brush is so funky though. Take a look.


It kind of looks like it's been caught in the wind...





Etude House PP904. I really love the mini Etude bottles! They are so curvy and they remind me of mini genie bottles. This is a dark taupey/grey/purple with a gold and subtle pink shimmer running through it. It's really unique and I like it a whole lot more than I was expecting to.





Essence Cool and the Gang. Bright, bright royal blue jelly/creme. This is really vibrant. It looks like it's close to Revlon Royal and it's kind of like Orly Royal Navy without the shimmer. Love!!





Ulta3 Allure. This is the colour I layered LA Girl Uninhibited over. It's a really pale pinky-beige neutral creme. One of my favourite nudes. I don't usually like wearing neutrals but this.. I don't know, I just really like it. It's very clean looking. Fresh. The formula is a little tricky though - sheer and streaky. But then again, it's only two dollah!





Rimmel Forest. This has been my mani the last few days. Dude... Best. Green. Shimmer. Ever. For serious. I can't even begin to imagine what the hell those people at Rimmel were on when they decided to discontinue this. Luckily, there's still some up on eBay for very reasonable prices if you missed out (or if you need more backups like me!). I've actually finished a whole bottle of this already if you can believe it. I love it that much. It's a great pedi colour if you like greens on your toes, which I do!



Now, back to exam prep. *cries*

Credit

19 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I need that blue and green. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with you about chemistry.  They made me take it twice (at two different universities) and both times I barely passed!  I have faith that you'll do better than I did though!  Good luck!! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your exam. I'm a languages person and anything science-related has never been my forte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Etude mini and the Ulta nude. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah! You totally do. Forest will totally fit in with your collex of dark green shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ughhh... Chemisty kills me. I've never been scared of actually failing a subject until now. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. The thing is.. I used to consider myself a science person. *shakes head in despair*

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are! I'm loving the nude especially

    ReplyDelete
  9. That BYS polish looks awesome - I'll have too keep my eyes peeled for it!
    Good luck with Chemistry :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may have bought a bottle on ebay. Enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, Ruby Slippers is gorgeous!! How have I missed that one!? I just did a big BYS order too, boo.
    Good luck with the exam revision ... exams are awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The trouble with Chemistry is the lab part is great fun but the book part is like wading through slowly setting concrete with a 100 pound pack on your back. I don't mind brain sweat when the subject matter is interesting, but book Chem was such a bore. I love you own little elements chart though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the weird brush is a bit too long - so it bends in the bottle (try trimming it a little). The blue and the green are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment ♥